April 12, 2007

We'll only need to sell 1500 tickets at $2 a pop

Yesterday's post about getting craft items together for an Oxfam raffle garnered a HUGE response - I'm so chuffed! So far I can look forward to gathering up bits and pieces from Madame Fancy Pants, Baibin, Babylicious, and Scrappers. Excellent! I can't wait to see everything, fondle it a lot, and sell tickets. Toast Clothing goddess Rhiannon is offering to make whatever the winner would like from her collection, and a friend in Auckland, the awesome Mrs Govier, has offered to sell tickets up there. Jo Hubris has offered to make more cakes than we will know what to do with for another cake stall and there's a John Campbell t-shirt coming my way from Hadyn, who I don't even know. Isn't that choice?

Have I mentioned that I'm really chuffed??

Our fundraising total at the moment is right on the $2000 mark - should break through that barrier today...

In two days time we will be heading towards the first checkpoint on our 100km walk. I so hope it doesn't rain on the day. That would make me rather unhappy.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I admit part of the reason that I offered to help is because the idea of walking 100km is so appalling to me that I want to do all that I can to ensure I'd never have to do it myself.

melissa said...

i'm with joanna- i admire you greatly. good luck for tomorrow!

kate Shuttleworth said...

is it possible to buy a ticket still?