May 16, 2007

Five minutes with ...

We have a regular column in the Life section called "Five minutes with ..." It usually features someone with a bit of a profile doing something cool, and I thought it would be cool to put out into blog world for people to answer. I'm thinking about re-jigging the questions to get racy answers out of people.

Your time starts ... now:

How the heck are you?
Where are you most likely to be on a Friday night?
What is your must have guilty pleasure?
What’s on the CD player
What’s on your bedside table?
What was your first job?
Four words that describe you
How did you spend your last birthday?
I wouldn’t mind being stuck in a lift with?
My last meal was
My mum always told me
Where will you be in ten year’s time?
I’ve always wanted to

Here're my answers:
How the heck are you?
Good, I had my hair cut a few days ago and am still getting used to it being big and flouncy and uncontrollable now that it's not weighted down by itself

Where are you most likely to be on a Friday night?
On the couch at home with a DVD, dreaming of fish and chips

What is your must have guilty pleasure?
Watties spaghetti and sausages. And nail products, like cuticle remover, that sit in my drawer unused for months.

What’s on the CD player
Tegan and Sara So Jealous. Genius lesbian rock goddess twins talk about their sex lives.

What’s on your bedside table?
A box of tissues, rescue remedy sleep formula, a Crown Lynn green bamboo jug, The Prophet, a batch of little Picadors that I got from the books page editor's giveaway box, a coaster that says Bitch!

What was your first job?
Picking fruit at Mrs Loft's farm. Mrs Loft was the head of our girl guide company. She grew blueberries and gooseberries. I parted my hair in the middle to make ponytails and got very sunburnt on my scalp. When it peeled, it looked like giant dandruff.

Four words that describe you
Obsessed with wearing pink

How did you spend your last birthday?
With my pals at Ange's house on the deck, having a bbq. Then we went inside and Martin forced me to play bad guitar.

I wouldn’t mind being stuck in a lift with ...
Dylan Moran. Although he wasn't as funny as I expected at last night's show, (ie, my internal organs didn't burst out of my body as I was wracked with laughter) and I bet he has terrible breath. I choose Shayne Carter instead.

My last meal was ...
Hubbards Feijoa cereal with milk and flax seed oil. Oh, and tarte aux pommes that our boss brought in for morning tea, but that's not really a meal.

My mum always told me ...
That if I pulled a face the wind would change and my face would be stuck like that FOREVER

Where will you be in ten year’s time?
I would like to be editting a magazine, the wall of my office covered in awards, or pics of me on the covers of various magazines like Murphy Brown. Hopefully by then I will have mastered the French language, and my jewellery label Sparrow & Tui will be a household name in NZ.

I’ve always wanted to
Have a tan

1 comment:

kimberlee said...

How the heck are you? HUNGRY!!! its 430pm, can I make it til dinner? unlikely
Where are you most likely to be on a Friday night? it changes too much though at home with dvd is always great
What is your must have guilty pleasure? fipping through glossy gossip mags in the store and never buying them
What’s on the CD player: i think you mean ipod, right?
What’s on your bedside table? we don't have one... we have a futon on the floor arrangement because my husband loves multi functional spaces... we put our bed away each day (tokyo style) and turn that area into a work space. so no bedside table
What was your first job? Denny's diner... I didn't last long
Four words that describe you talkative, engergetic, very hungry
How did you spend your last birthday? I didn't technically have a my last birthday... I was flying back from the USA and the time change caused me to miss the 23rd of OCt.
I wouldn’t mind being stuck in a lift with? my sister... we'd make up crazy games
My last meal was: pb on toast
My mum always told me: 'you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar'... and 'I love you'
Where will you be in ten year’s time? I don't know where I will be, probably here in NZ, I hope to be a mom
I’ve always wanted to: speak another language, live in another country (achieved!)get married (done), have kids, live simply (always working on this), have a dog (acheived, thanks yoshi) work in a creative field, talk less listen more! there is more but I'll stop.
:)

-kimberlee