September 18, 2007

Four go wild at fancy restaurant

Elizabeth, Nigel, Moi, The Postie


After a manic day at the coal face of moving house, Postie's sister Elizabeth and her fiance Nigel who were visiting from Auckland took us out for a sumptuous dinner at Logan Brown. Neither me nor P had been there for some time - we're talking last century - and we managed to dig our glad rags out of boxes and get dolled up for the big event. Both of us had been looking forward to it for some time... I gorged on perfectly cooked meat and potato gratin with creme brulee for dessert and a decaf short black. Took me back to the various trips I made to France when I lived in the UK where steak frites with bearnaise sauce, creme brulee, gratin dauphinois and espresso became almost constant companions. I even started the meal with a kir royale. How naughty ...
We were soooo flash, the Postie had even bought this gorgeous shirt for the occasion.


Elizabeth and Nigel have recently become engaged, and are getting married in Cornwall Park in March. Tiny will be about six weeks old if all goes according to plan, and I'm looking forward to showing him off to my Auckland friends and family, and meeting his Graham relatives. Elizabeth had brought down a bunch of presents for His Tinyness including a couple of snuggly blankies, a stretch and grow and a poster for his room from relatives I have yet to meet, including the Postie's parents. It's times like that that I realise having a baby is such a huge deal to a lot of people besides just the Postie and me, and that I'm gaining a whole other family. Included in the presents were baby pics of P which now grace our fridge. So cute...

4 comments:

Nikki (Mother of the Devil Child) said...

Love the shirt! I KNEW men could pull off floral! You look cute too :)

Kimberlee + Lies said...

oh wow, our first glimpse at the postie!!! I agree, the shirt is fab. you guys look happy, what a cute pair!

-kimberlee

tiny in auckland... GASP!

manitoba high-placess said...

Ha! coupleness, did you notice both you and liz are striking the exact same hand-on-boy-knee pose?

aka Special K said...

I hope it was his knee. fnah fnah ..