Though the days have been progressively more gruelling at work with me not able to handle the increasing size of my bump and keep my brain going at the same time, every now and then I am reminded of what utter awesomeness I have in my life, including:
- Chrimbo mince pies. I have become a convert. The very fabulous Ann Packer, a freelance writer for the Dompost and craft goddess, brought some in yesterday and they were amazing. Even more amazing with a hot cup of TLeafT English Breakfast blend.
- This morning I got my annual Muji care parcel from Craig in London. This year he's sent Hippo for Tiny and a bunch of other stationery goodies that I am eager to get home and pore over. Tonight I may do something totally nesty and make up the bassinet with Hippo in it. *deep sigh, as am unable to recognise the person formerly known as Kimberley Rothwell*
- Wee Huia Rose was born making my pal Susie Poole an aunty. Welcome to auntyness, Susie. It's ace.
- The Postie has started to pick me up from work everyday so I can avoid the hell known as taking the number 7 to Kingston at rush hour.
- Discovering that lying belly down on Charlie's bean bag is the best thing ever. It almost makes me feel like a normal person again and takes all the weight off me aching bones.
- Realising that after many years doing the whole 'seeking approval from others' thing, that I am surrounded by people who are pretty damn cool and aren't hell bent on making me feel small in comparison to them...
Life is sweet.