February 13, 2009

2008 - the verdict

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Gave birth. Made milk. Spent time at a crèche. Had my breasts out in public.
Did you keep your new years' goals, and will you make more for next year? Harper is still alive, so yes, I succeeded.
Did anyone close to you die? No, but people close to my friends did. It’s been a tough year for some of us.
What countries did you visit? Sleep deprivation land, where the fairies live.
What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More sleep-ins and days off. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 5, Harper’s birthday.
What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting the baby out in one piece. Are you seeing a theme here?
What was your biggest failure? I don’t think I failed at anything in 2008, other than beating the Postie at Scrabble more often.
Did you suffer illness or injury? When Harper was about eight weeks old, there were many things wrong with both of us. Fixing those problems made lots of things much better.
What was the best thing you bought? A pink bouncinette on trade me for $5. Harper spent many happy hours in that thing, with me singing to him, watching me cook, bake, blog.
Whose behaviour merited celebration? For the second year in a row, my hat goes off to the Postie. He’s an awesome dad, and a pretty fantastic partner. I'm a lucky gal.
Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Robert Mugabe’s – what planet is that guy on?
Where did most of your money go? Knitworld and garden centres. Knitting and gardening stopped me going around the bend.
What did you get really, really, really excited about? The day Harper first rolled over. I lay him down in a sunny spot on the carpet for some pants-off time, and when I came back into the room two minutes later he was on his tummy picking at the carpet.
What song will always remind you of 2008? Christy Moore’s “Reel in the Flickering Light”. And it will always make me cry too. Stupid song. P played it on the way to the hospital, and again when we drove home with Harper for the first time.
What do you wish you'd done more of? Taken more pictures of Harper when he was only days and weeks old, he changed so fast. I wish I had spent more time cuddling him when he was wee, rather than letting everyone else have a turn.
What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.
Did you fall in love in 2008? Oh yes. How could I not?
What did you want and get? I wanted a healthy, super-good looking baby, and I got one.
What did you want and not get? More time and inspiration.

1 comment:

sas said...

stop it!
you (almost) make me want to breed :)