June 17, 2009

Frankly

I've been reading Jew Eat Yet? lately, a rather good blog written by a man whose twin sons were born at 24 weeks. One of them died hours after birth and the other one struggles on in intensive care. His posts are excellent, beautifully written and I must say it's nice to read a man's blog for a change that wasn't about politics or world affairs. He recently posted about what would have been Anne Frank's 80th birthday by including this excerpt from her diary:
Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good
news is that you don't know how great you can be. How much you can love, what
you can accomplish, and what your potential is.
I love that line - and I love the idea that everyone has more than what we see on the surface. I spend my days opening doors to people, peering into their lives and finding out what makes them tick. Blogs are like doors left ajar for you to come into, you can't see the whole room, but you can get an idea.

No comments: