August 12, 2009

Eating with my homies

Ange and Sweeney joined us at the cul-de-sac for a feast on Saturday night. And as I was putting the food on the table, I realised most of the meal was made from scratch. There was homemade pita bread, homemade hummus, homemade tztsaki made with homemade yogurt and homegrown mint, and the chicken was marinated in homemade souvlaki sauce. If we weren't in the process of finding a new house to live in, I would expect that come summer there would be homegrown tomatoes and lettuce to stuff the souvlakis with.
*super pleased*
we can't say cheese, our mouths are full

5 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Domestic freakin' goddess! Awesome.

Mel Archer said...

Wow, youse awesome! Good luck with new house stuff too (advice, I can give you that on new housey type palaver ;) )... (and yes, I will get around to posting on blog, just have a bit of uni catch up to do at present)

Ange said...

It was indeed delicious. And that photo will make our parents proud ...

Mum said...

Verrrrrrry proud. Always am ..... you're my girls! Love, Mum

Mystic Thistle said...

I've looked at this several times. It looks so delicious!