We have moved house. We are no longer residents of the cul-de-sac. Instead, we live on a vertiginous hillside, in an army green house, with a spectacular view of Makara Peak and the dying light of evening. We're k-town dwellers now.
Last night was goodbye to:
1. The brown, impervious-to-spilt-milk carpet.
2. The path of death leading down to the clothes line.
3. Shane doing his laundry, blowing his nose, emptying his bladder. And the wildebeest. *shudder*
4. Ving and his concrete shed, his utter disregard for the environment, and his 'beautiful day! Oh you big boy!'
5. Other residents of the 'sac; Dad187, Martin, Miss Piggy, Jaffa the Ginger Ninja, Ving's mum.
And it's hello to:
1. The four children who live next door, school-aged to baby-sized.
2. Living in a suburb the size of a small town.
3. Steps. And more steps.
4. Having a backyard.*
5. Pink and blue lino like you wouldn't believe.*
It's a bit chaotic at our new digs - I've lost my mobile, have only one of each of my pairs of work shoes, and who knows where the kettle is? We have no landline yet, but the shower is awesome (the 'sac's shower was utter crap) and last night just finding some pjs for Harper was an investigation on a par with locating the survivors of Oceanic 815.
A special shout out here to Anne and Ces who braved the steps and a rather ratty Harper to help us move. We couldn't have done it without you.
*photos coming once we find the camera