Harper spent a night in Whangarei with his pals Monique and Myles while his dad and I scarpered up to the beach, then they all came up to the beach for fish and chips at the Mangonui Fish Shop the next day.
There are other highlights:
- driving up the Karikari peninsula to Matai Bay
- Harper catching his first fish - a baby snapper which we promptly threw back to its mum and dad
- eating freshly gathered tuatua with white wine and garlic
- walking the beach at high tide as a full moon came out
- clambering over the rocks with my grown up boy as the sun set - it's very rare for both of us to be out playing at night time
- seeing whanau in Auckland, meeting two-week-old Bonnie Mila, and catching up with my journo girlz Amy and Maggie and their pregnant pukus.