August 18, 2005

Even after washing 1497 cars, Kimberley still looked fresh and lovely

Last night, in a feat extraordinary mental ability, eight teams of adrenalin-charged super intellects challenged each other to take out the title of Quiz Night Supremo at Hamilton's Loaded Hog, and raised nearly $600 for Cure Kids in the process. Second place getters "Rank Outsiders" even gave back their prize - a bottle of Jim Beam - to include in the raffles doing the rounds of the city as we speak. Today I will be donning my super spunky tracky bottoms and washing cars at the Waikato Times, making sure those reporters and advertising people have sparkly cars to come home to.
And what is all this for? I'm heading toward the finish line on my fundraising target of $2,500 required to get to the start line of the $10 Auckland to Queenstown race. So far I've washed cars, run a quiz night, am holding a raffle, walked the streets begging, and had a sausage sizzle last Friday night at the ultra glamorous The Warehouse in Cambridge. I have even cleaned my work mates' desks for cash, and written a couple of CD reviews for a bit of ping. If you have an interesting suggestion for how to raise even more money, feel free to let me know... I stop short of having myself branded or walking the wharves (Hamilton is inland, you see).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

compare home equity loans