September 06, 2005

Will lick road clean for cash

My latest fund raising schtick is to be rent-a-maid for a day to the highest bidder on my trademe auction site. I did the banking and donating this morning, and we've passed the $2500 mark, so it's straight on through to the $5000 mark. If I don't win the prize for most money raised, I think I should at least pick up the quirkiest fundraising idea ...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=35130661
I spoke to a principal yesterday who said that there is a part of the brain that kicks in when being altruistic or thinking about other people's welfare. I feel so good lately, apart from the claims that I have been bullying a certain member of staff about money he owes me from a perfectly legit bet, that it must be my altruism endorphins kicking in.

No comments: