September 02, 2007

Moffitt Street memories





I took these pictures one morning last summer when we had just moved in to our flat in Vogeltown. The sun comes streaming in the front room windows, across the coffee table where I ate my breakfast and did the crossword. I was walking to work most days in training for the 100km walk, or biking to work in my jandals. Then winter came, and Tiny, and morning sickness and everything changed. Now it's spring, and I'm over the morning sickness, and the sun is back. But we're moving out in two weeks, up the road and round the corner a bit. To our new prospective homes and futures. Me and the Postie to our cul-de-sac whare, and Chris in with friends nearby. It'll be awesome, but I'll miss Moffitt Street mornings.

4 comments:

kimberlee said...

oh it looks like such a beautiful sunny home... I am sure the next one will have its own charms :)
-kimberlee

Special K said...

Unfortunately, the reason we are moving is because the house doesn't get nearly enough sun to stop us freezing our butts off in winter. It's a glorious house until about 1pm at the moment, but much sunnier in summer. However, my room NEVER gets the sun, which bums me out and makes me not want to spend as much time as I will have to next year with Tiny.

Anonymous said...

is that why we are moving? i thought we were moving because you two wanted to nest! You were welcome to my room as planned ...

Special K said...

No, baby refugee, we had a conversation AGES ago about how I hated the coldness of that flat in winter and how I would go mental if I had to be cooped up in there all day with Tiny. And we can't afford the rent on the place without you.