December 04, 2007

Nesting

This may or may not surprise you fans of the Postie out there, but he is in nesting mode. Yup, not me, HIM. It's awesome. So far he has been fixer in charge of the practical big stuff, like putting the cot together, giving the second hand buggy we bought a service, re-staining the old dresser that's been in my family since I was a chillun, etc. Good old man stuff, while I deal with the clothes, the bedding, the baby-growing. But yesterday I got home to find he had not only cleaned our wee pad until it was blindingly shiny, but had organised the pantry, thrown out double ups of spices etc, changed the box in which we will keep the baby's hats by the front door (the colour of the box didn't match the stain on the cabinet in which it is kept, P said) and the piece de resistance - he made me a cup of tea almost within seconds of me walking through the door, huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf.

He's so awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hold on to that one special K :)