June 25, 2008

I am a Domestic Goddess, part one


Today I am making pasta sauce ... from scratch. Makes me feel like Nigella Lawson, only I'm wearing a NZ Post sweatshirt with little bits of baby rice on it rather than a low cut top and lashings of eye makeup.

Here's how it goes:

Take a kilo or so of tomatoes, chop them up, plop them into a saucepan. Take a gloop of red wine vinegar, a smattering of herbs (basil and oregano for me please), a chopped onion, three cloves of garlic, and add to tomatoes. Cook on a medium heat until they are all mushy, then you can zap them in the food processor or with a whiz-stick thing or just something that will smush them up more. Then strain to get rid of the pips and skin, and voila. Helloooo Saucy. You can further reduce it to thicken it, if you so desire. Bon appetit ...

No comments: