July 28, 2009

Light, meet tunnel

So I haven't posted in a while, and that's because of the crazy busy that's been going on lately. Not a lot of sleep + deadlines at work + anticipation of the upcoming solution to no sleep + anticipation of H being wretched while in Chch last weekend = a teensy bit of stress.
But, he was not wretched in Chch, he was great. He hung out doing the garden with Nana, even had a nap in the portacot (a small miracle) and ate all the food he was given. Incroyable. Ok, so he was a beast on the plane there and back, determined that if there were no more cassava chips in our Air NZ flight that he would howl like a demon child, and yes, I had to sleep next to him to get him to go down at night, and I'll admit, he's the noisiest sleeper in the world right now. But apart from that he was awesome. And last night's first foray into putting him down at night in his cot with Mr Snuffy and his favourite blanket after a story and cuddles and all the love we can muster up just like we've done since he was weeks old went ok. He cried a lot (at least that's what I've been told, I'm staying at Sweeney's house for the next few nights), but not as much as he did last week. I am feeling genuinely optimistic that the horror of no sleep will soon be a distant memory, and I will once again hear H calling out 'see ya!' when I tuck him in at night.

No comments: