On April 14, myself and three people who will probably never speak to me again after that date are taking on a bit of a challenge. It's called the Oxfam Trailwalker and it has two bits to it:
1. Walk 100kms with three teammates in under 36 hours on a course near Lake Taupo.
2. Raise $5000 with those same teammates before June.
In preparation for this, we are doing two things:
1. Walking everywhere all the time anytime
2. Organising a quiz night, a corporate box event, and getting people to sponsor us per kilometre we walk.
And while I type this, I am thinking of maybe running a fundraising stall at Craft 2.0 like Melissa did for the Ghalia family. Perhaps other carfties out there could donate some stock for it? I'll get back to you on that one...
My indefatiguable teammates are:
1. Ange Rothwell - she of the determined will who biked up that big hill on the round Taupo race and didn't get off to stop, not even once.
2. Matt Taylor - who says the walk will be just like 13 rounds of golf. Easy.
3. Neil Baggott - the Wolverhampton lad who is three times the tramper the rest of us are, and could end up carrying us all over the finish line.
So this is where you dudes come in - and I know you're out there. If you want to support us, there are plenty of ways you can do it.
1. You can sponsor me per kilometre I walk. I'm aiming of course to do the whole 100km (and am going to buy myself an Ipod as a treat if I do make it) but you never know... Either email me or leave a comment with how much you want to sponsor me per km.
2. You can make a one-off donation here.
3. You can come to our quiz night (TBA) and our corporate box night (also TBA). I'll keep you posted.
But whatever you do, check out Oxfam's work here - this is where the money we raise is going.
Many thanks in advance, the Mortimer Terrace Posse